Pelham Skate School
The Pelham Civic Complex & Ice Arena is home to the Pelham Skate School, providing instruction for the beginning figure skater, hockey player, or recreational skater, with classes for students of all ages and levels. Beginning levels of ice skating are taught through the guidelines of Learn to Skate USA.
All of our Skate School coaches and our Director of Skating are Learn to Skate USA Certified Coaches and members of U.S. Figure Skating and/or USA Hockey and the Birmingham Figure Skating Club. All of our Private Coaches are members of the Professional Skater's Association, Learn to Skate USA, the Birmingham Figure Skating Club, and U.S. Figure Skating.
Whether your interest lies in healthy competition or simply in recreation and exercise, the Pelham Skate School provides a well-balanced professional atmosphere for learning. Group classes are offered on an eight-week schedule, meeting once a week.
All Learn to Skate participants become members of Learn to Skate USA, representing the Pelham Skate School from July 1, 2023, to June 30, 2024. Membership is included in the registration fee.
- January 16 through March 6 - Session 1
- March 13 through May 8 - Session 2
- May 15 through June 27 - Session 3 (off May 29, June 14)
- July 5 through August 19 - Session 4 (off July 12, 26, August 5)
- August 21 through September 30 - Session 5 (off September 4)
- October 9 through November 15 - Session 6
- November 27 through December 20 - Adult and Homeschool Minimester (off Nov 20-25)
- November 18 through December 15 - Holiday Show Practices (off Nov 20-25)
- More session dates are TBA, all dates are subject to change