20 minutes of off-ice warm-up before class, one hour of instruction, and 20 minutes of off-ice training (jumps, flexibility, etc.) along with concurrent parent education sessions. Family and multiple-class discounts are available.
Per US Figure Skating, Aspire requires an annual Birmingham Figure Skating Club (BFSC)/Pelham Skate School & Aspire Academy membership. The membership fee is $40.
- 5:15 to 5:30 pm - Warm-up Rinkside with Skates On
- 5:30 to 6:30 pm - On-Ice Class
- 6:30 to 6:45 pm - Skates off
- 6:45 to 7:15 pm - Off-ice training (concurrent parent meeting will resume soon)
- Skaters are expected to attend class ready to learn and with a positive attitude. Any specialty class skater who is disruptive will be dismissed.
- Skaters are expected to be respectful of their instructors and be willing to learn.
- Being ready to learn includes your state of mind as well as your skating attire.
- To participate in all Academy classes including Aspire, Dance, Synchro, and Speed Skating, skaters must wear athletic-type clothing (leggings, fitted tops, and jackets - no baggy clothing)
- Have hair pulled back in ponytail or bun if hair is long enough.
- Wear appropriate gym shoes for off-ice warm-up
- Bring a water bottle.
Aspire Classes are taught by Coaches Phillip Bagnall and Brooklyn Bachman
More About Aspire
The U.S. Figure Skating Aspire program is the bridge between Learn to Skate group classes and U.S. Figure Skating membership. Through the development of athleticism and artistry, skaters build a solid skill foundation that drives success on and off the ice. The Aspire Program is designed to help skaters learn how to train. From edge classes to endurance challenges, you’ll learn how to warm up like a champion, navigate freestyle sessions, and practice on your own.
For our graduates of the Aspire Class and all LTS Levels who are training for their first USFS tests at the pre-preliminary level. Students in this class must have a current membership at BFSC / Pelham Skate School & Aspire Academy Aspire Level. We will work on elements to help you pass your first Skating Skills and Singles tests.
All Aspire Classes require registration with the Birmingham Figure Skating Club at the Aspire Level and an annual membership fee of $40 (payable upon class registration). To join the Birmingham Figure Skating Club go to https://bhamsk8s.org/membership/ and scroll down to Other Skating Memberships. The BFSC Aspire Skating Membership is a special category for those who are transitioning from the PCC skate school to full USFS membership. Includes all member benefits for one child skater plus parent/guardian, or adult skater. Includes 1 FREE T-SHIRT. The same link that allows you to join the club will also be where you purchase your very first BFSC Club Jacket or Vest!
The Aspire membership will include:
- Eligibility to participate in Aspire programming
- One Parent Membership
- Eligibility to compete. Permitted competition levels with this membership are:
- Preliminary and lower
- Adult bronze and lower
- Eligibility to take the following introductory tests:
- Pre-preliminary skating skills and singles
- Adult pre-bronze skating skills and singles
- The 12 preliminary dances
Note: The names of the tests have changed. Moves in the field tests are now skating skills and free skate tests are now singles.